Safely master critical techniques for lumbar puncture insertion with Simulab’s easy-to-use, ultrasound-guided Lumbar Puncture Trainer.
Our true-to-life simulator sits upright or in a lateral decubitus position and features the lumbar vertebrae, iliac crest, spinous process, ligamentum flavum, and epidural space; with a fluid-filled compartment for simulated cerebrospinal fluid. The lumbar puncture
procedure allows the user to penetrate the subarachnoid space and CSF is present when the stylet is removed.
The trainer supports three varieties of lifelike, ultrasound compatible replaceable tissues that mirror significant anatomical differences found in obese, geriatric, and normal patient populations. Every tissue allows users to experience variances in disc thickness and soft tissue depth on top of the vertebrae.
The trainer includes a simulated IV bag and a normal tissue. Compatible Geriatric and Obese tissues can be purchased separately. The trainer is also compatible with our line of Lumbar Epidural tissues.
- Use ultrasound or palpation to identify key landmarks
- Experience lifelike needle resistance, including pops when needle transverses ligamentum flavum and dura
- Allows students to collect CSF
- Practice the procedure in the left lateral decubitus or sitting position
- Self-healing replaceable tissue is highly durable for repeated procedures
- Replaceable tissue variations allow for progressive skill development of diverse patient populations
- Durable and replaceable tissue
- Most realistic tactile feedback on the market