Practice The Entire Transvenous Cardiac Pacing Procedure
PacerMan® is the first and only high-fidelity simulator for training high-risk, low-frequency emergent transvenous pacing training—from needle insertion, electrical capture and sensitivity threshold testing. With PacerMan, clinicians can practice the entire procedure—including identifying intrinsic bradycardias, assessing intracardiac waveforms and manipulating output and rate with a pacing generator.
Simulab’s patented, SimuSensor® technology, powers a high-fidelity simulator with ultrasound compatible soft tissues. The trainer replicates a true clinical workflow, communicating with a simulated patient monitor, allowing the learner to use their own pacing generator to trigger patient response in real-time.
Take your students through multiple outcomes using a blind or ECG guided approach. They’ll assess waveforms and manipulate their own pacing generator, while learning to respond to the system’s live physiological responses. During scenario-based training, transport PacerMan from a pre-hospital setting to the emergency room then on to the ICU. The PacerMan System is completely self-contained, wireless, easy to set-up and transport. PacerMan also includes the ability to simulate a right heart catheterization for diagnosis.
Clinical advisory services provided by Summa Health.
“PacerMan is an outstanding resource for teaching transvenous pacer placement. There’s nothing else like it. We have now taught TVPacer placement to 150 physicians and have found it extremely valuable!”
—Jeffrey Tabas, MD, Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine, UCSF School of Medicine
“PacerMan is great for a variety of learners, from residents to seasoned attending physicians. It really does a great job of reminding you how complex transvenous pacemaker insertion can be with all of its particular steps – all while giving you the opportunity to keep on practicing (with real time cardiac monitor changes) until you get it consistently right!”
—Michael Yashar, MD, Attending Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, Cedar Sinai Medical Center Co-Course Director
“The PacerMan System can help you do a procedure that is not common in the ER, but it can save a life. The design of the PacerMan can help you to train and to teach an easy procedure blindly, as well as any complications that may occur.”
—Jose A. Rubero, MD, Associate Program Director, Emergency Medical Residency Program, Osceola Regional Medical Center University of Central Florida
- Transcutaneous & Transvenous pacing training
- Train synchronous (fixed) & asynchronous (demand) pacing modes for VOO, VVO, and VVI training scenarios
- Right Heart Catheterization training
- Learn to manipulate the pacing generator and interact with a transvenous pacing catheter and introducer kit. – Not included
- Obtain electrical capture
- Refine amperage of electrical output and pulse rate in real-time.
- Improve procedural performance through instructor-led pre-defined competencies or self-directed practice
- Practice medical decision making based on outcome options
- Train using blind and ECG guided techniques
- Increase team engagement with multi-disciplinary scenario-based learning.
- The instructor can choose from a series of scenarios by defining successful capture, thresholds, and placement outcomes.
- Durable replaceable tissue for full catheterization using an introducer and temporary pacing lead
- Ultrasound-guided venous identification and access with fluid aspiration
- Randomized Student and Instructor Modes with multiple outcome options
- Simulated Patient Monitor with:
- Real-time vitals, including heart rate, arterial blood pressure, non-invasive blood pressure, and oxygen saturation.
- Simulated defibrillator for transcutaneous pacing and transition of care
- ECG tracing that presents intracardiac location waveforms representing the Superior Vena Cava, Right Atrium, Right Ventricle, Inferior Vena Cava, Pulmonary Artery, and Current of Injury Pattern.
- Set up an additional monitor to simulate a stand-alone patient monitor.
- Bluetooth compatibility for untethered training
- Touchscreen compatibility for Windows 7 OS or higher
- Battery or wall power supply to offer flexibility
- PacerMan Body Form
- Ultrasound Compatible Replaceable Tissue
- Simulated Bridging cable
- User's Guide
- Laptop with pre-loaded software
*Customer supplies Pacing Generator and a transvenous pacing catheter and introducer kit
- Size: 30.5”x 16” x 11”
- Weight: 26 lbs