The F.A.S.T. Module for the SonoMan System provides an excellent tool to learn to read a F.A.S.T. (Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma) exam.
With two versions of each image - student and mentor - the user has access to an annotated version of each image. In addition to the mentor version, which provides a standard explanation, the "Instructor" mode allows the instructor to include additional annotations. Longitudinal views of both the pericardial and pelvic windows and a video are also available for each window of each patient.
This diagnostic ultrasound training system allows the user to learn about:
- Landmarks on the body used for identification of window locations for the exam
- Reading and understanding the various normal and abnormal views - F.A.S.T. Module includes five patient image and video libraries for each window (two normal and three abnormal)
About SonoMan (sold separately). The SonoMan System provides an affordable platform for teaching students how to read diagnostic ultrasound imaging. The system includes a soft tissue body form with internal and external landmarks and a simulated probe. The torso has 258 unique probe locations providing a normal image for each window. The system's software platform allows users to expand SonoMan's capabilities with additional training modules.
- Read diagnostic ultrasound imaging
- Identify external and internal landmarks for a variety of diagnostic exams
- Simulated ultrasound probe that plugs into a PC
- Software that allows any PC to simulate an ultrasound machine (PC/Laptop not included)
- Five targets in each window, except the pericardial window which contains five subxiphoid and two parasternal targets
- Transverse and longitudinal viewing of the parasternal and pelvic windows
- All images and videos are of actual patients - both normal and abnormal
- Mentor mode allows users to activate the onscreen labels of any of the digital images
- Each module includes an instructor (teaching) and student (exam) mode
- FAST Module Software