Note: This module is an extension to the FAST Module - it is only fully functional when used with the FAST Module.
The extended FAST (eFAST) Module allows for the examination of both lungs by adding bilateral anterior thoracic sonography to the FAST exam enabling students to evaluate the thorax for pneumothorax and hemothorax.
With two versions of each image - student and mentor - the user has access to a labeled version of each image. In addition to the mentor version, which provides a standard explanation, the "Instructor" mode allows the instructor to include additional annotations.
The eFAST Module includes four additional windows and the image library includes images and video of two normal patients and three abnormal patients. The windows include several targets to provide a complete view of each exam window.
About SonoMan (sold separately). SonoMan is an affordable diagnostic ultrasound training platform designed for physicians who need to become proficient in the use of trauma, emergency or bedside ultrasound in evaluating critically ill patients. The system offers the most extensive image and video pathology library with six software modules each providing up to seven actual patients presenting as normal or with abnormal pathologies allowing instructors to mimic a variety of presented pathologies in both an emergent or clinical setting. The System comes with a Body Form embedded with 258 image locations that allows users to visualize the complete thoracic and abdominal region with one or more software modules that fit the unique needs of their program
- Landmarks on the body used for identification of window locations for the exam
- Reading and understanding the various normal and abnormal views
- Read diagnostic ultrasound imaging
- Identify external and internal landmarks for an extended FAST exam
- Five targets in each window
- All images and videos are of actual patients - both normal and abnormal
- Mentor mode allows users to activate the onscreen labels of any of the digital images
- Each module includes an instructor (teaching) and student (exam) mode
- eFAST Module Software