The Echo Module enables students to learn the basics of echocardiography. There are three positions: parasternal, subxiphoid, and apical. With two versions of each image - student and mentor - the user has access to an annotated version of each image. In addition to the mentor version, which provides a standard explanation, the "Instructor" mode allows the instructor to include additional annotations. The image library includes images and video of two normal patients and three abnormal patients where abnormalities like pericardial effusions can be identified. Each window includes several targets to provide a complete view of the exam window.
About SonoMan (sold separately). SonoMan is an affordable diagnostic ultrasound training platform designed for physicians who need to become proficient in the use of trauma, emergency or bedside ultrasound in evaluating critically ill patients. The system offers the most extensive image and video pathology library with six software modules each providing up to seven actual patients presenting as normal or with abnormal pathologies allowing instructors to mimic a variety of presented pathologies in both an emergent or clinical setting. The System comes with a Body Form embedded with 258 image locations that allows users to visualize the complete thoracic and abdominal region with one or more software modules that fit the unique needs of their program.
- Landmarks on the body used for identification of probe position or windows for the exam
- Reading and understanding the various normal and abnormal views
- Read diagnostic ultrasound imaging
- Identify external and internal landmarks for echocardiography
- Five targets in each window
- Transverse and longitudinal viewing
- All images and videos are of actual patients - both normal and abnormal
- Mentor mode allows users to activate the onscreen labels of any of the digital images
- Each module includes an instructor (teaching) and student (exam) mode
- Echo Module Software