This skill set package includes five tasks that support the ACS APDS Curriculum Module 17 for building basic laparoscopic skills. Each task is supported with a skill set card for students that references the procedure, performance level guidelines, and required supplies. This skill set focuses on basic eye-hand coordination and can be used with the LapTrainer with SimuVision (LTS-40) or secured to a table for classroom, clinic, home or office use.
- Basic hand-eye coordination using laparoscopic instruments
- Become accustomed to the fulcrum effect; instruments are manipulated in a fashion opposite to the direction of the effective tip
- Develop laparoscopic depth perception by manipulating objects.
- Use two hands in a coordinated fashion.
- Accurately and efficiently grasp objects and transfer to designated areas.
- Supinate and pronate to accurately and efficiently manipulate a curved needle.
- Drills can be set up with the LapTrainer with SimuVision, or any free-standing video trainer or box trainer.
- Drills are set up for self-study and self-scoring or proctored environment.
- Rotation amongst five skill stations can be performed in any order to build skills and gain confidence.
- Cost effective solution for the student, simulation center or proctored testing.
- Bean Drop Task (BDT-10), Checkerboard Task (CBT-10), Block Move Task (BMT-10), Running String Task (RST-10), Suture Foam Task (SFT-10), Large Multi-Purpose Clips (2) (LMPC-10), Skill Set Cards (5), Skill Set Task Templates, Skill Set Container
- Size: 13" h; 13" w; 4.5" d
- Weight: 3 lbs