Click on the links below for clinical studies featuring Simulab products.
- Cost Savings from Reduced Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infection After Simulation-Based Education for Residents in a Medical Intensive Care Unit. Simulation in Healthcare.
- Improving Patient Safety with Ultrasonography guidance During Internal Jugular central Venous Catheter Placement by Novice Practitioners. Simulation in Healthcare.
- Simulation-based mastery learning reduces complications during central venous catheter insertion in a medical intensive care unit.Critical Care Medicine.
- Simulation-based ultrasound-guided central venous cannulation training program. Acta Cirurgica Brasileira.
- Ultrasound-Guided Internal Jugular Access. Chest.
- Use of a national continuing medical education meeting to provide simulation-based training in temporary hemodialysis catheter insertion skills. Canadian Journal of Kidney Health and Disease.
- Use of simulation-based mastery learning to improve the quality of central venous catheter placement in a medical intensive care unit.Journal of Hospital Medicine.
Laptrainer and Laparoscopic Trainers
- A Simple and Yet Revolutional Solution for Minimally Invasive Skills Training, Simulation in Healthcare.
- A Simplified Training Simulator for Training and Laparoscopic Skills. Surgical Endoscopy.
- Minilaparoscopy-Assisted Natural Orifice Surgery. Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.
- Performing under pressure: Quiet eye training improves surgical knot-tying performance. Surgery.
- Quiet eye training improves surgical knot tying more than traditional technical training: a randomized controlled study. The American Journal of Surgery.
- Spider surgical system versus multiport laparoscopic surgery: performance comparison on a surgical simulator. BMC Surgery
- Synthetic Material Simulation Improves Performance of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in an Animate Model. University of Washington.
- Training in Laparoscopy.EAU-EBU
- An Examination of Surgical Skill Performance under Combat Conditions Using a Mannequin-Based Simulator in a Virtual Environment. RTO HFM Symposium.
- Combining transtracheal catheter oxygenation and needle-based Seldinger cricothyrotomy into a single, sequential procedure. American Journal of Emergency Medicine.
- Comparison of Self-Efficacy and Its Improvement After Artificial Simulator or Live Animal Model Emergency Procedure Training. Military Medicine.
- Cricothyroidotomy Bottom-Up Training Review: Battlefield Lessons Learned. Military Medicine.
- Emergency physician evaluation of a novel surgical cricothyroidotomy tool in simulated combat and clinical environments. Military Medicine.
- Evaluation of TraumaMan Simulator for Training in Chest Drain Insertion. European Journal of Trauma.
- Improved trauma management with advanced trauma life support training. Journal of Accident and Emergency Medicine.
- Medical Training Using Simulation: toward Fewer Animals and Safer Patients. Alternatives to Laboratory Animals.
- Objective comparison of animal training versus artificial simulation for initial cricothyroidotomy training. The American Surgeon.
- Randomized objective comparison of live tissue training versus simulators for emergency procedures. The American Surgeon
- Teaching Emergency Surgical Skills for Trauma Resuscitation-Mechanical Simulator versus Animal Model. ISRN Emergency Medicine.
- Use of a Human Patient Simulator for the Advanced Trauma Life Support Course. The American Surgeon.
- Use of Animals by NATO Countries in Military Medical Training Exercises: An International Survey. Military Medicine.
- Use of mobile learning module improves skills in chest tube insertion. Journal of Surgical Education.
Efficacy of Simulation Training
- Developing Technical Expertise in Emergency Medicine—The Role of Simulation in Procedural Skill Acquisition. Academic Emergency Medicine.
- Emergent Procedure Training in the 21st Century. Emergency Medicine - An International Perspective.
- Stress training for the surgical resident. The American Journal of Surgery.